Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer

Open my eyes; look at the clock.
It's 5:54am; go back to sleep.
Fail; go to the bathroom.
Go back to bed; go back to sleep.
Success.
Dream about a mechanical spider that started out to be a regular spider, but changes as I chase it around the room to kill it.  Try to flush half its body down the toilet.  Why do I think I can flush a robotic spider down the toilet?  Doesn't make sense.  Toilet overflows.  Where's the other half of its body?  Go back into the bedroom.  There it is.  Now it looks like a hermit crab without a shell.  I look away.  I look back.  It is now a mechanical, robot spider again.  But only half of one.  Fear gives way to anger.  Spider starts flexing its big hermit crab-like claws.  I find an acceptable place to pick it up.  I run to the bathroom with it.  It spits a sticky mucousy substance on my fingers that instantly starts to burn my flesh.
I wake up suddenly.
Look at the clock.
5:59am.
Go back to sleep.  Damn spider is still there.
Wake up.  Look at the clock.
8:04am.  Stare at ceiling for seven minutes.
Rub my eyes.  Pull the covers back.
I'm still in my clothes; even my fleece jacket.  Why?
Does it matter?
Take off my clothes and put on another set of clothes.
Head to the bathroom; brush my teeth and pee.
Where are my children?
Oh yeah - they spent the night at their friends' house.
Make it to the couch; my pride and joy; my $2,000 couch.
Grab my laptop; go on Facebook.
Jovie likes my status; so does Dan.
Decide to marathon LOTR trilogy - again.
Update my status with this information.
Get bored with this blog.
I'll finish it later.  Lots of time.
It's summer.

1 comment: